Peter Bajetta is a music composer, arranger and orchestrator. He studied composition with Adam Gorb, Paul Patterson and Federico Zandona’ at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester and at the Conservatory “E. F. Dall’Abaco” in Verona.
Born in Verona in 1989 he started studying music at the age of 9 with his mother Agnes Suba, a Hungarian pianist and tutor. He started studying piano at the Conservatory of Music of Verona in 2001 where in 2015 he achieved his Master’s Degree in Piano Performance under the tutelage of Margherita Anselmi. His unwavering interest in and love for music led him to go onto study composition.
He has always been a very active composer. He participated in several music composition competitions ranking first in Premio Vittorio Gelmetti (in 2008), Premio BPV (in 2011, ‘13, ’14 and ‘15). In 2014 he was shortlisted for the Rimusicazioni International Film Music Festival.
Peter Bajetta collaborates as a composer, arranger, orchestrator and copyist with many musicians such as the conductor Andrea Battistoni, the Dall’Abaco Piano Duo the String Shivers and many more.
His latest work is a short operatic scene called You belong to me that was made in collaboration with the poet and librettist Ian Humphreys and was performed at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
Peter is looking forward to continue his career in the music industry, and specialize in film composition. He is very interested in collaborating with creative artists in all artistic fields.
- 2015, first prize for the arrangement of 4 Bulgarian Dances (B. Bartók) @ Premio BPV Conservatorio “E. F. Dall’Abaco”, Verona, Italy
- 2014, finalist for The Little Match Girl @ Rimusicazioni Film Festival, Bolzano, Italy
- 2013, first prize for Scherzo Suite @ Premio BPV Conservatorio “E. F. Dall’Abaco”, Verona, Italy
- 2012, honourable mention for La Bavesela che ven zo dal Baldo @ 1° Memorial Amedeo Milani, Verona, Italy
- 2011, first prize for the arrangement of Romanian Folk Dances (B. Bartók) @ Premio BPV Conservatorio “E. F. Dall’Abaco”, Verona, Italy
- 2011, second prize for Quintix @ Premio BPV Conservatorio “E. F. Dall’Abaco”, Verona, Italy
- 2008, first prize for Par le trou de la serrure @ Premio Vittorio Gelmetti, San Martino Buon Albergo, Italy
- 2016, April 25
Carol Nash Recital Hall, Manchester – You belong to me, short operatic scene in collaboration with the poet and librettist Ian Humphreys.
- 2016, April 21
RNCM Concert Hall, Manchester – RNCM Brand New Day Orchestra, conductor: Tom Goff – Prism Fantasy for large orchestra.
- 2016, February 23
Gorilla Bar, Manchester – Manchester Camerata and Tine Thing Helseth – Contamination for flute, clarinet, trumpet, marimba and double bass.
- 2015, November 24
BBC Maida Vale Recording Studios, London – BBC Singers‘ Workshop – O Sickle Of Moon for SATB choir
- 2012 – 2013
Orchestrator of “Gents” a musical comedy by Andrea Battistoni.
- 2011 – 2012
Commission of Quartix for a concert held in San Pietro in Monastero, Verona.
- 2011 – present
Arranger of music for piano four-hand for the Dall’Abaco Piano Duo (Sergio Baietta, Valentina Fornari).
Orchestrator of the Transformation and Finale by Alan Menken (from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast motion picture) for a concert organized by the Conservatory of Verona that was held at the Auditorium “Gran Guardia” as part of the Verona in Love festival.
- 2008 – 2012
Piano accompanist and arranger for choir and various instrumental ensembles, Carlo Montanari high school, Verona